RUNREV Technical support

camm29 at tesco.net camm29 at tesco.net
Wed Jan 21 08:20:26 EST 2009

These lists are great and many issues are solved by all involved.Thank you.
No complaints !

My question is , what should we expect from RUNREV SUPPORT , you know those
guys who charge us for the Software !

My experience since using Rev is lack of real support compared with other Software suppliers.

I have raised bugs and tickets etc..

For 3 years myself and others wanted to use Serial Com ports > 9.
Finally in Rev 3.0 this was corrected - a simple fix.

Now I can't use Rev 3.0 due to a Answer Stack / Standalone Password issue.
There are bug reports and support request tickets with RUNREV , but nearly all the
help is coming from the list community.

It may end up not a RUNREV Software issue , but all worked fine before Rev 3.0.
So who's looking into it ? what has changed in Rev 3.0 ? what does the error message really mean (they wrote it) ?
These are questions RUNREV should be working on or don't they believe it happens ?

I took some time to look at the BUG lists for RUNREV and that of other software
houses.
Looking at dates and reports not actioned or addressed RUNREV was the
worst by a long way.

Have we become too soft !?

Regards
Camm