Pull down buttons

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 19:01:15 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 5:08 AM, Mark Smith <lists at futilism.com> wrote:

> What debate can there be? - the Rev IDE (which is the context in which
> we're discussing things) calls them buttons, so there it is...

Ohhh, I'd be careful, in the context of the Menu Builder Rev also calls them
Menus, which can be quite confusing for newcomers. Even outside the Menu
Builder such buttons are also referred to as menus, try para 4.2.27 on page
109 of the User Guide:

4.2.27 Menu Controls – for displaying choices
Menus are used to display a list of choices. The pulldown menu displays a
standard
pulldown menu, and can be automatically inserted into the main menu bar on
Mac OS
systems. The option menu allows a choice from a list. The combobox allows
the user
to type an option or choose from a list. Popup menus can be displayed
underneath the
cursor and used to provide context sensitive options anywhere in your
application. For
more information on working with pulldown menus within the main menu bar,
see the
section on the Menu Builder below.

So it would seem in certain circumstances the terms are interchangeable and
the quicker one appreciates that the better ones understanding of Rev
overall:-)