La communaut é Revolution est en deuil

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jan 20 11:30:19 EST 2009

When I first got the email from Eric's son, I could not believe the
news.  After it settled in I took a long walk in the woods, reflecting
on his contributions.  Though I'd never met him in person, through our
correspondences and his participation here he showed so much youthful
energy it was impossible to guess his age.  He loved his work, and we've
all benefited from that labor of love.  This is indeed a tragic loss to
us all.

Some here have expressed a desire to see a memorial web site put
together where his tutorials and other contributions can live on,
inspiring new generations of programmers.  I mentioned this in my note
of condolence to his son, offering to devote a section at revJournal.com
if they feel that would be helpful.  They may decide to keep his own
site running, I don't know.  In the coming weeks as things settle down
there I expect we'll hear more.

For now, the funeral was this morning, and we'll keep the family in our
thoughts and prayers during this most difficult time. May peace be with
them all.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation