externals

Randall Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Tue Jan 20 10:01:15 EST 2009

Thank god people had horse drawn carriages before the train.  Else people would have recomended away from steering wheels in automobiles... "do we really want people to have that much control over the direction of their vehicle?"  "...they could steer it into danger!".  All of which is true.  But is it a logical and measured arguement against the benefits of personally directed transportation.  Spam sucks too... but does it argue against having access to the profound benefits of email?  There is a trash can on my desktop... nothing about it provents me or anyone else from dragging all of my folders into it... But i dont have nightmares about loosing my mind and doing so any more than i have nightmares about steerong my car off a cliff for no reason.  Hell, people in a democracy could vote for ron paul if they wanted to... should we adopt a dictatorship to provent such an eventuality?  There are a million ways to prevent the missuse of access to system level events... the stupidest would be to avoid it completely.  Just my opinion.  For what it is worth.  Randall