Image smaller 26 pixels dissapears/Sad news

Beat Cornaz B.Cornaz at gmx.net
Sun Jan 18 14:39:19 EST 2009

I feels kinda odd to go on with the daily stuff, like asking questions
during these days.
I've seen Eric's name pop up and have recently gotten a trial version
of his ListMagic.
It is sad to hear about a member passing away, even more so as he is
so much appreciated by everyone.
It touches my heart to read all the messages, whishing his family
strenth.
I send my condolences to his family and friends.

 >Jacques wrote :

 >Did you think about using graphics instead of images ? If you use
 >ovals, you can easily change their dimensions, background colors and
 >loc as wanted.

 >Afterthought:

 >Music notes are ellipses, but slanted ones. Oval graphics cannot be
 >slanted (to my knowledge). In an old and half forgotten stack, I used
 >this script to define the points of a slanted "ellipse" graphic:

Thanks for your reply. By Notes I didn't mean the 'Note Symbol' as in
written music, more colored squares
on a grid, represeting notes. Time being the horizontal axis and pitch
being the vertical. Imagine a piece of graphic paper where you color
some squares, which represent the notes.

I think the traditional way of scoring has many limitations. (One
being ruled by the number 2. To express a triplet you have to write
some division by a power of 2 , being 1/2 ,1/4 ,1/8 or 1/16  and then
have to write above that these are actually thirds).

On a grid, it's also easier to see the (geometrical- and other-)
transformations I am
applying to the 'Notes'.

I actually started out using graphics (rectagles) to represent the
cells, but found that setting the imagedata of an Image is much
quicker and not needing tens to hunderds of graphics.

The slanted oval script might come in handy with something else.

Beat