global variables vs. custom properties

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Jan 16 10:00:25 EST 2009

Hi Tiemo,:

>I know, that most people prefer custom properties, but is it just a question
>of "school", or is there perhaps a difference in memory usage or other "hard
>facts"?

Custom properties are stored within the stack file when it is saved,
whereas globals die when the Rev engine or your standalone quits.

So if your variables are non-persistant, then globals better fulfill
that function.  If you have variables that are populated after
startup and don't need to persist after shut down, putting them in
custom properties simply increases the physical size of the stack
file for no useful purpose.

Rob Cozens CCW
Serendipity Software Company