Reference Function Name Via Variable?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Jan 15 19:55:54 EST 2009

Recently, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> The easy way to do this might be to use a custom property instead of a
> function. Get the someProperty[pData1 & cr & pData2] of me. Perhaps
> someProperty[pData1][pData2] works too, I haven't tried that yet. Then
> again, why don't you simply put the function into a backscript?

Hi Mark:

I'm trying to be economical.  I have about 12 functions that do different
processing routines but they all use the same parameters.  I want to be able
to programmatically call the name of each function using a combination of
variables, so I can end up using one master function to handle all 12.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design