64bit and pieces

vram chemrama at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 13:41:04 EST 2009

I am replying/posting in response to following query from Luis and associated
thread:
I too got a reply from Rev support (similar to one posted) saying currently
64-bit LINUX is not supported, although 64-bit VISTA seems to be, per posts.
Q) How do I add the 32-bit libraries to 64-bit Ubuntu 8.10 if it does not
already have them? (This hopefully temporary workaround for getting Rev to
work in 64-bit Ubuntu was not mentioned  by Rev support in their post or in
their reply to me...)
Q) What about standalones (Rev apps)? Do I have to recompile using the Rev
IDE running in Ubuntu 32-bit mode?
Currently, nothing happens when I click/double click on REv app or an of the
standalones. Ditto for invoking them via Terminal!
TIAYR/H
VRAM

"Anyone got Rev running on 64 bit Linux? I've tried a few flavours of
Rev on Ubuntu 8.04 (and 8.10) on a 64 bit AMD box with no joy.
I see the QA centre has mention of a couple of problems with Vista on
a 64 bit box, but no mention of Linux.

Cheers,

Luis."