import animated gif

Thierry th.douez at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 15:47:57 EST 2009

Hi Richmond  and all others,

> Macintosh Recipe:
>
> One of the ways to "sort out" an animated gif so that it will
> behave in Runtime Revolution is to open it as a movie using
> Quicktime.
>
> The save it as an image sequence.
> The import those images into Pixen
> http://opensword.org/Pixen/
> and produce an animated GIF where all the frames are full-frames.

End of story with the animated clown.gif :-)

After having set the constantmask to true, it works on my Mac.

Trying the stack on Win2K, XP SP1, the appearance of the gif was wrong,
sort of greyish background mixed up in the animation..
But more, crash Revolution on XP SP3 !!!!

Then, following Jacqueline advice, import it in Graphic Converter,
export it again with the default option as an animated gif,
and everything works perfectly in the 4 boxes.

Well, find a bit bizarre that it crash on the XP SP3... ???

Thanks to all for your generous advices,

Regards,
Thierry