[1/2 OT] can't see emails i sent to this list

Mike Harland mikeharland at mac.com
Wed Jan 14 14:17:14 EST 2009

I too have a google email account, but I don't like the way Google
installs it in my MAC Mail - you get incoming messages in your In tray
and read them there, but they are not marked as read by Google.

This is because Google also installs a fully separate GOOGLEIMAC
folder with a parallel IN box called the 'All Mail' folder, a second
'Sent Mail' folder, a mysterious 'Spam' folder, etc., etc. and the
same mail read from the IN box therefore is not marked as read in the
GOOGLEIMAC All Mail folder - totally bonkers!!

My question therefore is whether you have things properly installed,
with the full GOOGLEIMAP 'folder of folders', regardless of whether
anybody in their right mind would want things this way?

Mike