Using Rev over X11

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Wed Jan 14 10:06:17 EST 2009

Ben,

you can work this out with X11 Forwarding instead of SSH. It might
have some security holes to fix instead of using the xhost + command
that I used (that opens your X11 server to anyone).

You can check http://homepage.mac.com/soapdog/X11forwarding.html

So I don't know if what you were trying to do was exactly that but
using SSH as a tunnel. This is not VNC or RDP, this is using a remote
X11 server, X11 was made to work like that. You could use NX or some
other more modern thing. But depending on your needs, X11 forwarding
will be enough.

Be aware that I wrote that page five years ago.

Andre