Using rev with -ui flag

Thierry th.douez at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 05:50:14 EST 2009

Hi,

> You wrote:
>> If there's a problem, it should show up in the error log.
>
> I'm probably being stupid,

don't think so :-)

> but what log would that be (on either Mac or Linux)?  (BTW I
> possibly didn't make clear that this isn't in a CGI context - this
> is a standalone app.)

could be catch in stderr

>> Some native Revolution commands that don't work (and may hang your
>> script) are:
>>     * create stack (or any file creation) - CGI permissions
>> restriction
>
> Does that apply even if running as an ordinary standalone, not as CGI?

You're right.
I'm using Revolution ( Metacard to be honest ) since years with -ui.
and not in a CGI context.

I'm catching some information from the outside world of Revolution
and out of it
can build a script, create a stack , compile it and send back the
result.
No problems so far.

But, I've to admit I'm still a bit annoyed, not to say more, that
there is no
doc at all for these things.... So, I'm very careful when I develop;
which means test test and test... and multiply by 3 the development
time to be sure :-(

Without saying that for every new version, one have to check
everything again
to be sure that it still works !!!

> I've opened BZ #7620 to request actual documentation (gasp!) of
> command line options, and included a reference back to Mark's note
> as the nearest there is to RunRev documentation at present.

I'll go there and vote for it !

HTH,
Thierry