Rev && appleScript

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 15:46:52 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 4:29 AM, Timothy Miller
<gandalf at doctortimothymiller.com> wrote:
> When I
>
> do <container> as "applescript"
>
> is it possible for applescript to pass a variable or function or something
> back to rev?
>
> For instance, just to keep it simple, could I somehow use "the result" from
> appleScript in a Rev script?

Yes, you can. Have the AppleScript end with a "return" and in Rev,
check "the result".

> If someone can applescript off the cuff and is feeling generous, I want to
> use Rev to check if "/applications/firefox.app" is running. Suggestions
> received gratefully.

Here is my function for checking any application:

function isAppRunning pAppName
    put "tell application " & quote & "System Events" & quote & cr into tScript
    put "return (exists application process " & quote & pAppname &
quote & ")" & cr after tScript
    put "end tell" after tScript
    do tScript as AppleScript
    return the result