Rev on Ubuntu

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Jan 12 12:12:31 EST 2009

> Well, I've been thinking about tinkering with Linux + Revolution for a
> while and recently ran into an old friend who's a big Linux fan. He
> recommended that I install Ubuntu (I'm using Parallels on an Intel iMac)
> and the K Desktop Environment. I haver successfully installed Ubuntu but
> thought I'd ask here about KDE. I want to try some Rev projects on Linux
> and  wondered what folks here would recommend. I've been a Mac guys
> since the 80s and know absolutely nothing about Linux. Any
> recommendations for me?

If you're talking about Rev projects that work in Linux, don't forget that
StackRunner has a Linux version that will allow you to let other people try
out stacks without you having to build separate standalones. (If you don't
have the URL, a Google search should show it as the first hit.)

As to *content* that runs in Linux, I'd assume you could DL anything from
RevOnline, but perhaps there are others here that have some content tweaked
for or targeting Linux that they could mention.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/