repeat question

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 23:20:32 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Mark Smith <lists at futilism.com> wrote:

> Kay, in cases like that, it's worth knowing about the 'token' chunk. The
> docs give the lowdown...
>
> Indeed, which is one of the 'See Also:' links under the 'word' entry in the
Rev Dictionary. So hopefully for the newcomers to the List who may be
tripped up by the 'English like syntax' of Rev and assumed Rev thinks a word
is how we humans think a word is, will now know that isn't the case. And
with 'token' they can work a solution.

Off the top of my head the only advantage of word over token is when you are
referring to hyphenated words or peoples email addresses. But I'm sure the
long-timers here will hilight a host of additional situations where
capturing words along with a bunch of non-space characters is a neat trick
with Rev;-)

Always happy to learn:-)