the focusedObject

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Sun Jan 11 21:19:17 EST 2009

At 7:51 PM -0400 1/11/2009, william humphrey wrote:
>Simpler frustration. Please why doesn't this do what I'm expecting?
>
>    *if*  field id 1045 of card id 1002 of stack "BLEdit" of stack "clients"
>is the focusedObject *then*

It looks to me as though the problem is that you're using a field
reference, expecting it to be interpreted as a literal string, and
Rev is resolving the field reference instead. In other words, "the
focusedObject" evaluates to the string
   field id 1045 of card id 1002 of stack "BLEdit" of stack "clients"
which is what you want, but your line of code doesn't give the field
reference as a literal, in quotes - so Rev interprets it as the
field's contents.

For example, if your field happens to contain the text "Foo", the
line is interpreted as:
   if "Foo" is the focusedObject
which of course doesn't work.

To fix this, you'll need to express the field reference as a string, in quotes:

   if the focusedObject is "field id 1045 of card id 1002 of stack" \
      && quote & "BLEdit" & quote && "of stack" && quote & "clients" & quote
--
Jeanne A. E. DeVoto
revolution at jaedworks.com