Font to show difference between 0 and O

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Jan 11 13:47:12 EST 2009

>>  The Monaco font on Macs clearly shows the differences between a zero
>> and the letter "O" and the number one and lower case "L", etc.
>> What would the equivalent font on Windows and/or Linux be?

I was curious about this, so I just did a run though of all installed fonts
on a Vista system and was surprised to find nothing that qualified.  For the
zero character, Consolas (not sure if this standard) was an option, but not
a very good for one.  When you see the characters next to each other you can
kind of make out the difference, but apart I can see there being confusion.

If you need the character distinction for registration/password entry, I
believe the standard is to avoid mixing numbers and characters, at least in
the same block of text.  If you need the distinction for other reasons, you
may need to research a 3rd party font an install it yourself.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design