AW: OT: worse video rendering on Vista vs. XP

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Jan 9 13:44:42 EST 2009

Hi Scott,
I am using the player object in Rev "start player ..." which is using QT
"under the hood" - what else? I didn't tested it in a native QT Player -
will do it tomorrow.
On the Vista machine I have QT 7.5.x installed, on XP 7.1.3 - will do an
update tomorrow, to see if it gets worse. The movs are compressed with
Sorenson 3 pro codec.

I had the corrupted title issue a year ago and was the first one reporting
it to the QCC with Rev 2.9. I could workaround it with:
set the revruntimebehaviour to 4
without understanding ever, what this changed. Since Rev 3.0 the bug was
gone and I don't use this workaround any more. Perhaps it can help you too.

Thanks
Tiemo