Newbie question re path names

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Thu Jan 8 19:52:55 EST 2009

Hi,

Not so many elementary questions on the list these days. Well, I've
got an infinite supply. It might not show, but I did attempt to read
the instructions.

Hoping to waste less time on the web and email, I've got a new plan.
I'll launch Firefox and Mail from a small Rev stack, and shame myself
by tallying the minutes wasted each day.

Question 1 -- I'm sorry to say I can't figure out the right syntax
for the path name to the Firefox application, for instance. I thought
it might be "applications/Firefox" or "applications/Firefox.app" or
"my hard disk/Applications/Firefox" and so on, but those don't seem
correct. Please advise.

Question 2 -- There doesn't seem to be a "quit" command that
corresponds to the "launch" command, for applications. How do I do
that? Do I need AppleScript?

Thanks in advance.

Tim