64bit and pieces

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Thu Jan 8 18:27:13 EST 2009

Well! I tried it again, from the Terminal, and lo'!

Composite window manager detected. Trying to use 32 bit windowing.
Will try and use Shared Memory extensions
XVideo extensions available? : No
Will use X-Freetype font rendering
Using Pango complex text layout

This is the 3.0.0-gm-3 version, and up popped the registration panel!
No fair! This wasn't working a few days ago! I'm on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (and
I had also tried in on 8.10...).

I can't recall the error message from the last time it didn't run, I
think it mentioned invalid architecture. This is weird.

Still, I would rather have it 64 bit native!

I'm going to try it with PCBSD (pcbsd.org) with the Linux Compatible
mudules. Not sure when, I'm still messing with this new box.

Cheers,

Luis.