OT - Sound input for a MacPro

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Wed Jan 7 17:04:09 EST 2009

Yes, the logitech $40 - $50 model works fine. Excellent for web
conferencing, as it avoids the feedback that accompanies such
sessions.Available
at any Rat Shack store or most any Best Buy or Office Depot kinda place.

I had the sales guy tell me these didn't work on Macs.  He was convinced.

OF COURSE these work on macs -- there's a USB audio standard. I bought two
-- from another Radio Shack.

2009/1/7 Judy Perry <katheryn.swynford at gmail.com>

> Do you have a specific headset recommendation?
> Judy
> http://revined.blogspot.com
>
> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 9:13 AM, stephen barncard <
> stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com> wrote:
>
> > Webcam mics suck for narration. Too far away from the speaker and too
> much
> > room tone.
> > A big omission by many podcasters and users of web video (and video
> > broadcasters for that matter) is care for SOUND. A lot of people think
> it's
> > not important. Video guys are happy if the meter is moving. Use a headset
> > mic for everything. They often sound better than 'professional' mics for
> > computer audio.
> > As far as price of Macs is concerned, I don't have a problem with it. One
> > gets what one pays for.
> >
> > sqb
> >
> > 2009/1/7 Joe Lewis Wilkins <pepetoo at cox.net>
> >
> > > I wish, Jim. But most still think Macs are too expensive. (smile) I'm
> > > picking up a headset shortly. Thanks.
> > >
> > > Joe Wilkins
> > >
> > > On Jan 7, 2009, at 7:32 AM, Jim Kanter wrote:
> > >
> > >  A Logitech USB headset should work well for Skype. Reasonably

Stephen Barncard