conditional formatting, how to do it

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 2 11:55:34 EST 2009

Must be doing something obvious wrong.  As usual!  I want to go through a
field and format lines depending on what they start with.

So to begin with I try the following, which works just fine, to make sure the
lines are being found and picked up:

set the itemDelimiter to " "
repeat for each line theLine in field "test" of stack "Calendar"
if item 1 of theLine is "Sunday" then
put theLine
end if
end repeat

Now I change this so as to do the formatting as follows:

set the itemDelimiter to " "
repeat for each line theLine in field "test" of stack "Calendar"
if item 1 of theLine is "Sunday" then
set the textStyle of theLine to "bold"
end if
end repeat

and get the error

Message execution error:
Error description: Chunk: error in object expression

So how to do this?  That is, make every line that starts with Sunday bold?
And why is it not working?

Peter