Clone image trouble?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri Jan 2 10:55:17 EST 2009

Bonjour William,

When you delete the "Dummy" image you delete your template because
the engine looks for the first image with this name (in layering order).
So you have two solutions:

1. You rename the image when cloned:

    clone img "dummy"
    set the name of it to "Copy of dummy"

And:

delete image "Copy of dummy"

2. If it suits your needs and appears consistent, just use:

delete LAST image

Le 2 janv. 09 à 16:43, William de Smet a écrit :

> Hi there all,
> For my son I am starting to create an app in which he use 'stamps'
> to create
> his own drawing.
> So far I have some small icons (graphics) and a dummy graphic.
> I started with the following code:
>
> -----
>
> on mouseup
>
>   set text of img "dummy" to the text of the me
>
>   clone img "dummy"
>
> end mouseup
>
> -----
>
> The dummy graphic can be moved around with 'grab me'.
>
> I am trying to delete the cloned image with:
>
> ---
>
> delete image "dummy" (I put this in the dummy image as well)
>
> ---
>
> but then the original dummy graphic is deleted and not the cloned one
> probably because the cloned one is the active image?
>
> What am I missing?
>
> I want the dummy image to stay as dummy/template image.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.