Main stack and substack order in the message path

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Fri Feb 27 11:05:30 EST 2009

Hi All,

I wonder if someone can explain this to me and the way around it.

Let's say you have main stack A with a substack that is a lib called ABC and
you start using ABC on launch. You then launch a completely different main
stack called X with an identical substack lib called XYZ and then start
using XYZ on launch of main stack X.

>From a card of stack A you execute a command or function that is in both
libs. It executes out of XYZ instead of ABC! The obverse can also be true.

Wouldn't it be logical that the substack of the main stack of the card would
be searched in the message path before the substack of another completely
different main stack? Is this a bug? Is it a known issue? And, anyone have a
work around? By this I mean, a way to insure that a main stack always uses
its own substack before the substack of a completely different main stack.
This is assuming, of course, you have no control over the launch order and I
don't want change a gazillion statements to calls. ;-)

Jim Bufalini