Vector window shapes and the great mystery of ink effects

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Feb 26 00:37:26 EST 2009

> I would love to have rounded corners on resizable palettes.

BTW, allow me to throw out a shameless plug to you and those interested to
vote for fixing (what I call) bug # 4198: on OS X, setting the windowshape
of stack automatically enables the shadow of a stack, regardless if the
stack's shadow is set to false.  If you want to build a resizable custom
window without a shadow, a stack with an animated mask, or even a stack that
includes a custom shadow of your own design, it can't be done on OS X
without the default system shadow becoming applied to the stack as soon as
the stack's mask is changed.  There are goofy workarounds like sending the
stack offscreen while the shadow is re-removed, but this hack strays even
farther away from the resizable palettes you asked for at the beginning of
this thread.  So please consider voting.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design