Do I use encrypt?

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 14:41:03 EST 2009

Hi Dan,
I think you are out of luck when it comes to securing FTP.  We've had
several discussions on the list about this (and I believe there is an
enhancement request to support sftp).  The encrypt command is more for
encrypting chunks of data rather than adding security to ftp transfers.
 Securing ftp requires the use of a server that provides a security layer
and on Rev supporting that form of ftp security.  Currently Rev does not
support any kind of ftp security.
Your best bet at the moment (if you must use ftp), is probably to use curl,
and shell to that if it is available on your client platform (e.g. Linux or
OS X, I think on Windows you might be able to package your own curl
executable along with your Rev app).

Bernard