Gutenberg Reader

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Feb 23 14:09:22 EST 2009

Peter,

thanks for the software. Just to let you know, it actually runs fine
on Linux under WINE. I downloaded the windows versions, launched it
and it worked surprisingly well under WINE, I never thought WINE had
hit such maturity.

Check your main screen here:

http://andregarzia.com/shots/screenshot_03.png

And text viewing here:

http://andregarzia.com/shots/screenshot_04.png

I guess you're using RevBrowser for the Project Gutenberg website
display, I was amazed to see RevBrowser working under linux thru
WINE...

Interesting times indeed. For those that doesn't know WINE is a
compatibility layer that allows linux to run unmodified windows
software, WINE is not an emulator, it translates win32 calls into
something linux like.

Cheers
andre