Changing the screenRect within a stack

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Sun Feb 22 18:52:01 EST 2009

Hi Francis,

Accustomed as I am to running a variety of applications pretty much at
the same time and interchangeably, I feel you should stick with your
first approach. Let the user determine what to do. Just make some
suggestions, advising the user in advance of the various repercussions
that might occur with different screen resolutions; OR, optionally, if
the user's screen size is going to be too small, design your
application accordingly - even providing horizontal and vertical
scroll bars; or, as PDFs do, perhaps the ability to zoom or move
around using the hand tool.

You may be worrying too much, since many of us DO have a lot of real
estate these days. Just announce the preferred screen size for best
performance in advance as part of the system requirements and let the
user worry about it. Surprise is the worst thing.

Just some of my thoughts on a late Sunday afternoon.

Joe Wilkins