How to parse one variable to Microsoft Word

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Feb 21 02:17:59 EST 2009

Tran-

> Thanks, but the problem is : the template file has a lot of
> information (It's already existed in some place in hard drive) and I
> just want to put the variable at the positive position. May be, it's
> like "Mail Merge" but instead of using source from file, this
> template use source from variable.

What I do is read the template file into a variable and then use the
replace command to insert the data. I have the key fields in the
template file delimited by something like

Hello $USERNAME$

and then in the script:
put url tTemplateFile into tLetter
replace "$USERNAME$" with tName in tLetter
put tLetter into url tMergedFile

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net