AW: Can a modal stack has a close box?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Feb 17 15:20:50 EST 2009

> hmmm, perhaps I took the wrong approach. What I wanted to do is a welcome
> screen with some basic infos on first start. The User should read the infos
> first, before going on, that¹s why I wanted modal. And this welcome window
> just has 1 only button "close". The close box in the title bar actually
> would be a duplicate, but an offer to the users, who are used to close
> windows with the close box...

Tiemo, in that case you can use a modeless dialog, which will give you the
closebox. True it's not truly modal, but then again it doesn't have to be -
they can close it when they want to and it shouldn't interfere with the rest
of your app, even if they submarine it by clicking on another window. This
is like the About boxes in Mac apps...

Just my 2 cents,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.