[OT] Rev + BBEdit

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Feb 16 12:53:22 EST 2009

Richard-

Monday, February 16, 2009, 9:21:26 AM, you wrote:

> I've broken the list into two parts; the ones here at the top could use
> more explanation to describe exactly what you're after - are they
> documented in BBEDit?  If so I'll just look 'em up there:

Since I put these in, I'd probably better explain them...

> - folding conditionals
 control- or right-click or something on an "if" statement
 the visible code condenses the whole conditional to one line
 click again to expand it

> - refactoring support
 probably a plugin, but support for various refactoring methods:
  creating a function from repeated code
  eliminating dead code
  converting script locals to handler locals
  etc

> - conditional balancing
 same idea as paren balancing:
  for each "if", find the matching "end if"
  for each "repeat" find the matching "end repeat"
  etc

  --------------------

As a bonus, here's how to implement macros:

-- just before setting the script to compile it...
put Preprocess(tScript) into tScript
set the script of object xyz to tScript

function Preprocess pScript
  local tScript
  local _tMacros
  local _tCode

  put pScript into tScript

  set the custompropertyset of this stack to "uMacros"
  put the customproperties["uMacros"] of this stack into _tMacros
  put the keys of _tMacros into _tMacros
  repeat for each line _tMacro in _tMacros
    do "put the" && _tMacro && "of this stack into _tCode"
    do _tCode
  end repeat
  set the custompropertyset of this stack to empty
  return tScript
end Preprocess

the macros are then stored as custom properties of the stack.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net