[OT] 1234567890 epoch time

Colin Holgate coiin at rcn.com
Sun Feb 15 23:18:29 EST 2009

On Feb 15, 2009, at 10:54 PM, Kay C Lan wrote:

> For me, because of the timing, I got confused and had to listen to it
> several times to get the message.

It does help a lot when you're watching the TV programme, and there's
a huge word MORSE going across the screen.

I once made up a story about how Beethoven was stuck for ideas after
his 4th symphony, so he phoned around (it is a fictional story...),
and one person suggested that he should call the next piece his "5th
symphony", and because the Roman numeral for 5 was V, and V was for
Victory, it should be call The Victory too. With the naming out of the
way, he had to think about how it started, and so called up his friend
Morse. Morse told him "well, V is Dit Dit DIt Dah in morse code, why
not try that...".