Accessing Stack-Based Functions from FrontScript?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 15 19:11:26 EST 2009

On 2/15/09 2:42 PM, "Scott Rossi" <scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote:

> Hi List:
>
> Is it possible for a front script to access a function stored in the card
> script of a palette?  I'm trying to minimize code duplication and can't
> figure out how to have one stack based function available to the stack and a
> frontscript.

I think I know what you are trying to do, and this is one idea that might
work for you.

When the palette stack opens,
on opencard
insert the script of this card into back
end opencard

on closecard
remove the script of this card from back
end closecard

This might work better with preopenstack, or openstack, but you get the
idea.

I would prefer this to a 'send' command.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas