Arrays and Custom Props

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Feb 14 16:48:05 EST 2009

Robert-

Saturday, February 14, 2009, 1:27:33 PM, you wrote:

> I suppose where I was getting confused is that Applescript apps
> properties are persistent. I just assumed rev apps pulled the same
> kind of trick.

Methinks you're still a bit confused about this.
Custom. Properties. Are. Persistent.

The "problem" with standalone apps is that they can't be modified
while they're running. So any changes you make in memory aren't (and
can't) be saved to the running application. This is an operating
system thing, not a rev thing. There are various ways to work around
this: preferences files, splash screen apps, separate stack files,
etc.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net