Button Basher

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Thu Feb 12 16:43:19 EST 2009

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com wrote:

> Wilhelm Sanke wrote:
>
>> "I see you have achieved the functionality you intended"
>

> which is very kind, but not true:
>
> The first shape that is loaded will produce a PNG image surrounded by
> transparency IFF it is not resized; subsequent images are all bordered
> with white. Obviously resizing an image damages its alphaData.
>
> sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

Richmond,

Here is what I did (WindowsXP, Rev 3.0):

- Chose the "pentagon" shape and put text on it
- resized the height
-exported to "Pentagon"
- resized the same shape again - without "reset" in between
-exported to "Pentagon2"
- now reset everything
- chose the "pentagon" shape again
- resized the shape
- exported to "PentagonAfterReset"

Result: re-Imported "Pentagon", "Pentagon2", and "PentagonAfterReset".
All images - which have a solid white background (as have the shapes
from which one can choose) - show the expected transparency, i.e. not
only a white border.

Is it possible that your shapes originally had a different color than white?

In any case, if you have problems here, they indeed could be related to
the effects I had described in my last post and to the special
Revolution image format that I had named to be "pre-PNG".

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke
<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>