any way to detect condition "connected to ISP but not internet"?

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Wed Feb 11 15:01:13 EST 2009

We were just thinking more on this, and it seems that there are some
corporate networks that allow http:// but not other protocols?

In other words, people can surf websites but not download?

If this is true, rather than using "ping" in the process, we are
thinking it might be better to issue an FTP command to test
downloading of a small test file. If this fails, we would know that
Revolution downloading will not work.

Again, if we can solve this, it means a huge breakthrough for
Revolution- being able to auto-update, for example, without the risk
of hanging.