Can I tell if a Rev Stack calls QT ?

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Sat Feb 7 15:18:06 EST 2009

Hi Francis,

You're aware of the 'dontUseQT' and 'dontUseQtEffects' properties,
right? As I understand it, your app won't use QT if these properties are
both set to true.

Both props are set to false by default, so StackA would have to be
turning QT off deliberately if it isn't using QT. I suppose you could
add a custom property to your stacks that is used by script to set QT
settings, like:

on preOpenStack
   set the dontUseQT to (the uAvoidQT of this stack = true)
   set the dontUseQTEffects to (the uAvoidQT of this stack = true)
end preOpenStack

Then StackB could simply check the uAvoidQT of StackA to see if it IS
ABLE to use QT. It still won't tell you if it HAS USED QT (in the case
where uAvoidQT = false or empty). You would have to somehow register the
use of players in StackA (via 'playStarted' message?). Screen
transitions that use QT effects might be harder to detect and register.

Hey, you asked for ideas.  ;o)  Hope this gets you thinking.

Best -
Phil Davis