Detecting CYMK jpeg images

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 7 06:38:55 EST 2009

Richmond's crude method:

Ben Rubinstein sent me 2 jpegs: one RGB and one CMYK,

I imported them into a stack with 2 buttons ('INFO' and 'INFO') and
one field ('fINFO'): button 'INFO' had this script:

on mouseUp
  put the imagedata of img "revbannerRGB.jpg" into fld "fINFO"
end mouseUp

button 'INFO 2':

on mouseUp
  put the imagedata of img "revbannerCMYK.jpg" into fld "fINFO"
end mouseUp

- rocket science :) -

now the imageData for the RGB image is the expected load of
 "goobledegook", however the imageData for the CMYK image is
very odd indeed; consisting of hundreds of regular characters
preceded by a '