Mask

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 13:50:33 EST 2009

Thank you v. much for your help, Melitón Cardona Torres and J. Landman Gay;

I realised about 2 seconds after I had sent off that message that I had
a silly "the" in there.

But, as usual, I ran up against another something:

 put charToNum(char 10 of the mask of img"GOTTIT") into fld "fNEW"

returns nothing - presumably because img "GOTTIT" doesn't have a mask.

A few years back I made some non-rectangular stacks using a background
image and a mask of the same size; however, as far as I remember both of
them were JPEG images (the mask being a 2-bit jpeg) - now that doesn't
seem to be what I imagined as MASK when referring to GIF images.

I would like to import a snapshot of something that lies on a layer over
a white background, and then having set the snapshot's white portions
to TRANSPARENT [and, I have got that far !], export the resultant image
as either a GIF or PNG, retaining the transparency: that is where I am
falling on my nose.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.