very interesting bug about serving stacks... Re: [ANN] RevDoc home page launched

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Wed Feb 4 13:25:38 EST 2009

Friends,

I've fixed this. For those that are not following this thread, there
was a trouble serving RevDoc.rev that started today and was very hard
to trace. The stack was in perfect shape on disk but when transfered
thru the web server, it would corrupt. At a time, no solid explanation
was obvious and I was bordering despair and blaming Revolution Engine
for it. Well, it was not revolution fault.

I did what I always do when servers play tricks on me, I launched
telnet and tried to see what the server was actually sending.

RevDoc uses HTML templates that are inside custom properties, I
noticed that inside those HTML there was new code added during the
apache transfer!!!! I use a google analytics module that is supposed
to add the analytics code to all html transfered automatically, well
the stupid thing is adding the google code to my custom props on the
fly and breaking things. I sees the body tag flying around and
overwrites it.

I've disabled the module and now things are loading fine. Sorry for
this disturbance, I never thought something could see inside my custom
props while they are being transfered (and try to modify them)...

ARGH!!!!!

Problem resolved, sorry for the inconvenience.

Andre