Odd-shaped buttons . . .

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 11:42:40 EST 2009

Possibly this message should be subtitled "Richmond Eats Crow."

Alternatively, I might be pointing out something that should have
been pointed out a long time ago . . .

Just put a stack together:

"ODD BUTTONS.rev" - revOnline under 'Richmond'

that shows that when either PNG or GIF images with areas of transparency
are used, the transparent portion of them do not respond to mouse-clicks
(and, presumably mouseEnter, mouseLeave, and so forth).

That shows that it is perfectly possible to make the sort
of maps I described in my earlier posting; as well as provide maps
with multiple "hot spots" that aren't contiguous.

So, is it me who is a fool, or is it that the documentation doesn't
bother to point this out? Perhaps a bit of both.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.