Button Basher

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 08:19:15 EST 2009

William de Smet scrieved:

"on several cards the button doesn't
resize and the preset colors don't work either."

As soon as I saw your posting I opened up the latest version,
i.e. the one I uploaded about 40 minutes ago, just before I went out
to buy some bread - despite my semi-divine status I still have to eat :)

1. on the G4 Mac: it worked; no problems with either
resize or preset colours (DreamCard 2.6.1),

1 and a half. on the G4 Mac: it worked; no problems with either
resize or preset colours (Metacard 2.6.6),

2. on the Ubuntu Pentium 4; it worked; no problems with either
resize or preset colours (Runtime Revolution 2.2.1),

3. on Windows XP inside VPC;  it worked; no problems with either
resize or preset colours (Runtime Revolution 2.0.1),
Mind you, RR 2.0.1 didn't go for some of the other code in a big
way; but let's hope I'm the last person on the planet using a
version that ancient.

So, I would be extremely grateful if you could download the latest
version/build and try it out; should there still be problems I would
be very grateful if you could let me know the following:

1. Your Operating System,

2. The version of RR and/or Metacard you tried the stack with.

Bernd has now set the gradient sliders to a default of 75 (i.e. 75%
 transparent); this means that on some displays the colours may be
a bit hard to see (c.f. my recent posting about middle-aged eyes).

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.