bar codes

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 31 04:18:32 EST 2009

Sorry not to be able to find the thread on nabble.  Anyway, this is what we
use, and it does do pdf 417 with the appropriate backend.

Here is the main site

http://www.kbarcode.net/Home.4.0.html

and backends

http://www.kbarcode.net/Barcode-Backends.26.0.html

Of course, you do have to be running Linux.  But the price of commercial
software for this stuff, the excellence of kbarcode, the cheapness of
making another partition for the new OS, to me its a no brainer.  Just
about any bar code you want, and integrated label printing.  And it works
perfectly and is very easy to use.  You would think, considering the
commercial packages, that this was rocket science or heart surgery, but it
really aint.

Peter