put shell() and escaping quotes, how to do this?

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 03:04:43 EST 2009

Peter,

put "echo -e [[tHex]] > usb/dev/lp0" into tCmd
put quote & "\x1C" & quote into tHex
put shell( merge ( tCmd ) )

It might look a little cumbersome, but hopefully less so than Mark's
suggestion.  The vernacular used above might also bear dividends when
the shell commands get more complex than the example you give.  Much
as I love regex, I find that using merge() makes things much clearer
to me than any other form of textual substitution.  I find myself
missing the simplicity and power of merge() in other languages.

Hope that helps,

Bernard