What cell in the data grid was clicked?

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 29 13:53:56 EST 2009

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:16:18 -0500
> From: Trevor DeVore <lists at mangomultimedia.com>
> Subject: Re: What cell in the data grid was clicked?
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> On Dec 28, 2009, at 11:48 PM, James Hurley wrote:
>
>> The user clicks on a data grid cell.
>>
>> What variables determine the row and column numbers of the cell?
>
> Jim,
>
> Each row in a Data Grid form/table and each column in a Data Grid
> table have custom properties that help you determine this information.
> Note that you use names to reference columns rather than numbers
> however. These properties include the dgLine or dgIndex and the
> dgColumn.
>
> I just updated the "How Do I Get Data Associated With a Row or
> Column?" lesson in the manual to provide some more useful examples.
>
> How Do I Get Data Associated With a Row or Column?: <http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lessons/manuals/datagrid/lessons/7313-How-Do-I-Get-Data-Associated-With-a-Row-or-Column-
>>

>> And the text of the cell?
>
> The lesson also shows how to get the value associated with a cell
> using GetDataOfIndex. Look at the very last step in the lesson.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Trevor DeVore
> Blue Mango Learning Systems
> www.bluemangolearning.com    -    www.screensteps.com

Trevor,

Thanks once again. The  GetDataOfIndex  was the function I needed.

Unfortunately I am trying to learn data grids the way I learned the
rest of RunRev, by applying the "Necessity is the mother of discovery"
method.
There are too many bits and pieces of the data grid control for this.
I need to exercise the discipline to go through your excellent
tutorials. Sounds like a new year's resolution to me.

Regards,

Jim Hurley