Help with audio

Emmett Gray film2 at handheldfilm.com
Tue Dec 29 13:11:04 EST 2009

Opie here. I wrote:

>file ... sounds fine in Rev if I access it instead of the imported one.

I.e., playing the file in Rev by filepath results in the correct
sound. So what's going on? Is QT actually doing the playing of
external audio even though I'm not calling up the player, or is it
the OS's native audio management? BTW the sound is not compressed,
it's a standard mono WAV file, a sculptured click sampled from a
CueLine ProCue 1M1.

I converted it to 16 bit and reimported into the stack and it's OK
now. Just to be sure, I reimported the 24-bit version and got the
same original result. So it seems Rev chokes on 24bit audio.