What cell in the data grid was clicked?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Dec 29 11:16:18 EST 2009

On Dec 28, 2009, at 11:48 PM, James Hurley wrote:

> The user clicks on a data grid cell.
>
> What variables determine the row and column numbers of the cell?

Jim,

Each row in a Data Grid form/table and each column in a Data Grid
table have custom properties that help you determine this information.
Note that you use names to reference columns rather than numbers
however. These properties include the dgLine or dgIndex and the
dgColumn.

I just updated the "How Do I Get Data Associated With a Row or
Column?" lesson in the manual to provide some more useful examples.

How Do I Get Data Associated With a Row or Column?: <http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lessons/manuals/datagrid/lessons/7313-How-Do-I-Get-Data-Associated-With-a-Row-or-Column-

> And the text of the cell?

The lesson also shows how to get the value associated with a cell
using GetDataOfIndex. Look at the very last step in the lesson.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems