Can I know the revWeb is installed?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 03:41:37 EST 2009

> Can I know the revWeb plugin is installed or not by a script?
> I want to make an application for desktop + web browser.
> And desktop version can detect a plugin.

On the web page, you can use the JavaScript that comes with the sample
html to detect the plugin.

On the desktop, I guess the easiest way is to look in the expected
location and see if you can find the files.
On my Mac OS X system, I have this folder:
    /Users/sarah/Library/Internet Plug-Ins
Inside the folder, I have "nprevweb.plugin" and "wkrevweb.plugin".
So if you checked for the existence of those files, that would
indicate the plugin was installed.

Hopefully someone else can contribute the expected location of the
plugin under Windows.

Cheers,
Sarah