HC convert: help with text as graphic or rotated text

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 15:46:47 EST 2009

On 25/12/2009 22:15, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Richmond Mathewson wrote:
>
>> Well, as RunRev seem quite good at keeping some of the information
>> you mention below close to their collective chest
>> I can only go on what I see.
>
> Well, I didn't think that a field rewrite was a secret, but now I hope
> I haven't overstepped my NDA. Mostly I just wanted people to know that
> RR is aware of the necessity but it isn't easy to do and is going to
> take a lot of work.

Well, I don't know about your NDA; mine is now used by my wife up at the
University as an example
of English-language legalese . . . I only hope the students don't find
it as boring reading as I did . . .  :)
[Yes, I did read the thing!]

Certainly at that meeting (to which the NDA refers) I have no memory of
anything being said about text
fields - mind you, come to think of it, I was so soaked by the Edinburgh
rain that I can recall almost nothing
at all; so, in my case at least, an NDA was completely unnecessary.
After that meeting I 'escaped' as quickly as possible
and headed back to my lodgings for a good long soak in a hot bath; where
my mind was filled with thoughts
about my family far more than what had been discussed . . . either my
memory is as sieve-like as some people would
have me believe, or nothing of any great moment was mentioned at the
meeting.

What ever, I wonder about your word 'necessity' and whether it might not
be better replaced with 'need'.