iRev How do I manage a different folder full of images

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 22 01:01:12 EST 2009

See Sarah's reply that discusses the most logical way to do the irev-
script-call (cron job from cPanel).

Actually, any way you can start the irev script that would look at the
various folders on the various servers and hard drives would cause the
update.

When I was running a server at a real estate company about 10 years
ago, I had an Applescript send me an email every five minutes so that
I could tell if it was running, and if not, when it had stopped.  This
would be overkill for you, but an email a day could do the trick.

All you would have to do is call the irev script from any computer.
You could make a small app and have it do:

on updateTrigger  --running on your computer

    if button "ckbxRunning" is true then
       get url ("http://myaccount.on-rev.com/task/updateCatalog.irev")
       --this merely triggers the script to do its thing
       send "updateTrigger" to me in (60*60*12) seconds
    end if
end updateTrigger

Also, you could trigger the script from any browser or server that
runs a script or displays a page using html.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas